Monday, June 30, 2008

30 days of Birthday fun

Josh was fortunate enough to hit the BIG 3 0 this year. He was struggling with it, so I got the idea to surprise him with 30 days of presents. The below pics are just a few of the little poems and presents I gave him.

 

Grandma’s molasses cookies are your favorite treat

I’ll whip up the recipe they’ll sure smell sweet

Milk and cookies together they’ll greet

Sit yourself down and get ready to eat

 

A day at the lake on the water we’ll float

A fun little outing on the paddle boats

On Lake Zurich we’ll float away

This will be such a memorable day

 

Soccer is Europe's number one sport

We watch at the pub with people of all sorts

I know you've been wanting a jersey of your team

So getting you this gift seemed right it seems

 
Posted by Picasa

This pen is classy and cool

It lasts a long time and never goes dull

I know that you would love a Mont Blanc pen

So I splurged a little and got you this expensive trend

This is the last day of your 30 day event

Everything I got you was well spent

I love you and congratulate you on being thirty

My love for you is steady and sturdy

10 comments:

Kyle Peterson said...

30 days of fun so it sounds like turning 30 isn't so bad. Happy birfday! It was so much fun to play with you guys! It's been pretty busy with schoo I should be reading right now instead of on the Internet but hey this is more fun! I hope we can play again before I go back to Cali. Love ya later.

Melissa said...

Janelle... that is soooo cute! I love the poems, and the way you did it was adorable. I'll have to do something like that for Brian.

Jessica said...

You deserve the wife of the year award!! You know how much I LOVED your thoughtful gift to Josh. I am WAY impressed! It seems like Josh had an amazing birthday thanks to his wonderful wife. You both are SO LUCKY to have each other. Thanks for sharing those cute poems with us.

Anonymous said...

You're such a cute wife. I'm sure your hubby appreciated everything you did. What a sweetie he married. :)

Mandi said...

This is a really good idea! You are such a good wife. Don't tell Matt about this idea, because I want to do it for him!

Zobell Fam said...

That turned out so cute. GREAT job!! I gave Dallin 30 reasons why I love him and he carries it in his scriptures!! Hopefully Josh got our Birthday wish, we can't wait to get together!!

Chemenn said...

you are so creative! What good ideas. I bet he loved it and had the best birthday.

Alexis said...

That is so cute! Very creative. Did you write those poems yourself, your great! I hope that Josh had a great birthday!

Moleff Family! said...

How cute are u? What a good idea, my hubby just turned 30 should have thought?? So when are u moving here???

jessicalangprice said...

I knew you did this for him, but I didn't get to see the actual presents and poems! This was such a great idea and a lot of hard work! Great job, such a great wife.