Saturday, July 26, 2008

Grecian Cruise

We went on a cruise through the Grecian Islands. The cruise started and ended it Athens. We went through Kalymnos, Bodrum (Turkey), Kos, Paros, Mykonos, & Syros. All of these islands offered something different. A few of them were known for sponges. They grow them and then sell them. We found some fun transportation around the islands in the form of 4 wheelers. They were a tons of fun to drive. When in Turkey we went to a Turkish bath. It was really funny when these rather burly women came out to do the scrub down. I was totally beat up from these women. Josh laughed as his little rag doll was being thrown around. We absolutely loved the many beaches we encountered. Some were better than others of course, but it was so fun to lay out enjoy the sun and swim in the sea!
 

More beaches and towns. We loved the white buildings in some cases the streets were even painted white. It was really beautiful. We couldn't believe how many times these islands had the same landscape as Utah. It was just very dry and sunny.

 

Check out the sand castle that Josh built. Josh spent a mere 4 hours building it by hand without buckets. It turned out pretty amazing if I do say so myself. Adults on the beach got the biggest kick out of a grown man doing such a thing. But he didn't care it was just something fun for him to do. The picture of the building in ruins is from Acropolis in Athens. It was really amazing to see what those acient societies built. Look at me on the beach again!! LOVE IT!!

 

There were so many cool looking doors in Greece. Here is just a sampling of some of my favorite looking ones. These pics are from many different towns and places in Greece.

 
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Larsen Family said...

So beautiful, what an awesome trip to be able to take. I hope everything is going great. I can't wait to see you in Utah.

Michelle Akauola said...

Hey looks like alot of fun. I got to go camping for one of are many vacations and we went so far. We got to go all the way down to mount pleasant. It was way fun JK.

I love the swim suit shots such a sexy women. I hope we can do lunch sometime soon if you think you can handle wild wild little monsters. We might have to go alot more when the kids are in school. Give me a shout I would love to talk with ya. No I will call you.Love ya and talk with you soon.

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous you get to go to all these amazing places. I was just telling Peter last night I wanted to take a trip to Greece. It looks absolutely beautiful.

Brittany said...

Janelle - It was so great to talk to you earlier today. I know that you two were looking forward to this cruise...and I can see why...it's just spectacular!!! The beach looks amazing - and that sand castle...certainly a work of art. I miss you two. We can't wait to see you in Utah.

Shanna said...

Looks like fun Janelle! I wish I could have gotten out of this town for a while! You guys always go to really fun places! I am so jealous! Are you in Utah yet?????

*Kelly* said...

I keep forgetting that YOUR BACK!! When do you want to get together and grab lunch to get caught up?! I NEED to talk to you about Europe as well, I'm going on a cruise next year (whether jared knows it or not) and I need input! Call me!

Chad said...

We got enthralled with the doors too. For a minute I thought that we had taken a picture in front of the exact same Mykonos door as you.

Lance and Becky said...

Oh my goodness! How amazing. Love the fruit stand...my mouth was watering just looking at it! Love all the different door colors. The beaches are beautiful! What a blast, you guys always do the COOLEST things EVER!

Bryan, Mary, Abby & Lorin said...

Janelle! You guys seriously take the best trips. Is there any place you haven't been around your part of the world? Looks great.

I hope we can talk soon. How was New York?

Brooke said...

Ok, I'm going to stop looking at your blog! I've been HOME in good 'ol Utah ALL SUMMER! Can I please get out???

Alexis said...

so much fun!! Josh did a GREAT job on his sand castle. And you are looking stunning in your bathing suits at the beach. I love the wind mill looking buildings. I am glad that you guys are able to do all this traveling before you come home.

Jessica said...

I LOVE the doors!! That is something that I would take pictures of too. You found some pretty amazing doors!

Jessica said...

p.s you LOOK STUNNING in all of your pictures. What a amazing oportunity to be able to visit such beautiful places. I also LOVE the fruit stand! I am so jealous you were able to do so many things! I hope you will always look back on your experiences with fond memories.