Friday, July 20, 2007

Road trip to Poland

Last weekend I had the chance to take a road trip to Boleslawiec, Poland with some of my American friends. Poland is known for pottery. So needless to say we were all pretty excited to see what we could find. Unfortunately, the car ride took a lot longer than anticipated. In the period of our two day trip, we were in the car for about 27 hours. I couldn't believe all the adventures we encountered in such a short period of time. We had a two and a half hour detour to start out with due to one of the girls forgetting her passport. I was shocked that it wasn't me, seeing as I forget things all the time. Then the car battery died. When we finally got to Poland, we basically sat at the Polish border for 2 hours waiting to go through. And to tell you the truth, I still don't know why. During that time sitting there, we were all attacked by tons of tiny bugs. I swear I'm still washing them out of my hair. Ha! Just when we thought nothing else could happen to us, we realized that "Lola" the GPS had led us two and a half hour detour off road in the wrong direction. By the time we arrived at pottery stores, we only had a few hours to shop. I only ended up getting a few pieces because I couldn't decide in such a short time. On our way back, we stopped in Germany for some dinner at Pizza Hut. I have been craving American brand foods for quite some time. So I was in heaven. I will always cherish this trip with the girls. Even though 27 hours were spent driving, we had great quality time talking the entire time.I had such a blast. Thanks for a great time girls. I can't wait to do it again soon!














When I got home, I noticed that my amazing husband had cleaned our apartment from top to bottom. He even organized all the drawers. Isn't he just so cute!?! I've showed him my appreciation by encouraging Josh go backpacking through Italy this weekend with his buddy. Ha! I'm sure he'll have as much fun as I did on my trip. I love you Sweetie!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shanna said...

it was so good to talk to you. You made my day! I told my husband about how will have to come visit you when our baby is a year old. He was so excited. We want to do that so bad. Looks like Poland was fun! You look darling as usual.

Our EyreLife said...

You live THE life!!!! How totally jealous could I be?! I hope you have a whole book of pictures galore to show us when you come home to Utah-----which will be when? Can I start planning another Christmas party? Let me know...love ya!

fünf said...

Glad you had fun. I am so glad you came. Next time there won't be any stinging nettle...

Anonymous said...

What a fun trip! What an amazing time you are having. I can't believe you were in the car for 27 hours! That's unbelievable! I am glad it worked out. It's fun that you have such great friends there.

Jessie Eyre said...

Hey Janelle---Kristi told me all about her engagment!!! I'm so excited for her! Ben's a lucky man! Maybe, since she's having an open house in Utah in December, we should make our Christmas party a semi-shower for her? Do you know the dates you'll be home? I can't wait to see everyone again!

Shanna said...

Hey Janelle, I tagged you! come on I want an update! ha ha ha. Love you!