Wednesday, July 4, 2007

"Rhinefalls"

Rhinefalls is the biggest waterfall in Europe. While it's only 75 feet tall, it's also 450 feet wide. and it's only 45 minutes away from us in a staht (city) called Schafhausen. It was absolutely beautiful. On the walk down to see it, there were a few little falls as well. We found a restaurant for lunch that overlooks the view of the falls. We just relaxed while enjoying a great pasta dish. It can't get any better than that. And for only 6 bucks, we were able to take a boat right up to the middle rock, then climb to the top to see how big this waterfall really was. It definitely looks a lot more powerful when you're up close to it. It actually kind of scared me a bit. ha! But it was well worth the boat ride over.










































5 comments:

Miriela said...

Really wonderful place. I´ve already seen a lot of waterfalls but none as this. Looks so magic...

Shanna said...

looks so beautiful there. I would love to come visit!

Brooke said...

Hey Janelle-

You were a link on Jessie's blog. Isn't blogging just fun? It's so fun to see who people marry etc. That's so cool you live in Switzerland, I would love to go to Europe one day!

Brooke Bastian Bigelow

shannon said...

Look at my blog.
Did you hear about Leisel?

*natalie said...

Janelle

It's Michelle's little sis Natalie. She told me to check out your blog and I must admit that I am very envious of the life you and your hubby are living. Switzerland looks absolutely beautiful!

Anyway, fun to see what you have been up to. Do you mind if I put a link to your blog on my sidebar? I would love to keep in touch. To see what were up to check us out at rexandnataliehansen.blogspot.com

Love,

Nat