Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Our "Fairy Tale" Day

So I know I haven't posted anything for a while, but I've been in the states for over a month. So I will be doing some major catch up. Well, just before I went home, Josh and I celebrated our Anniversary in Germany. We thought what would be better to celebrate this occasion than to visit the original Cinderella's (Neuschwanstein) castle. We parked the car at the bottom of the hill, then rode a horse and carriage up to the castle. There was a massive guilded brass throne room with a beautiful tiled floor of 18 million individually chiseled tiles and brilliant gold painting . King Ludwig's chamber was a major highlight with its bedroom arrayed with all sorts of elaborate wooden furniture. The bedroom also had a hidden locked door to a private toilet, one of the first in Europe that featured running water. The ballroom on the fifth floor was also a highlight, with its incredible display of artwork. As King Ludwig was a big fan of Wagner's operas, scenes from the operas were posted on murals throughout the building, especially in the bedroom. The tour concluded with a walk past the kitchen facilities, which would have made any restauranteur proud. By the way, photography was not permitted inside the castle, and this was very strictly enforced. We were only able to take photos of the outside. We then went to a quaint little restaurant on the way home. And the Creme Brulee was absolutely divine. I ended up ordering two because it was so cheap.




12 comments:

*natalie said...

That looks sooo amazing!

Glad to have you back. I wish we could have been able to hook up while you were in AZ. Maybe next time.

Hope you enjoyed your trip home.

Jessica said...

It was so good to see you! I wish we could have had more time together. I love the pictures. You look stunning, oh yea and I guess Josh looks good too. How fun to go to a castle! Can't wait to more pics from your trip to the states!

Kyle Peterson said...

Did you lose your glass slipper Cinderelli? That sounds like the royal treatment. So did you spend the night in the castle? Was this before or after Utah? I am sad that we didn't get to meet. It was seriously crazy! We didn't even see my parents for like 5 days. But we really are serious about trying to go to Europe. Kyle has been looking into it. What month is the best weather? For sure call me when you can, I need to catch up with you!!! Love ya Later!

Thomas Family said...

Did you love it? We went there last March and it was right after a huge snowstorm so it looked just like your pictures. It reminded me of a little toy Christmas village. So beautiful. Looks like you had fun. Miss ya!

Thomas Family said...

Did you love it? We went there last March and it was right after a huge snowstorm so it looked just like your pictures. It reminded me of a little toy Christmas village. So beautiful. Looks like you had fun. Miss ya!

Lance and Becky said...

Those pictures make me want to go to Europe so bad. I love looking at your pictures, they are amazing! It's so beautiful there!

Brooke said...

Wow, that sounds like a cool castle! I've always wanted to ride a carriage like that, what a special day. It was fun seeing you in at Kristi's reception, I really enjoyed talking to you!

Alexis said...

I am so jealous! That sounded so romantic. How fun to be able to travel to all these amazing places. Someday, I just keep dreaming. Once Josh is done with dental school then maybe we could come over and see you guys before you guys leave there. How long will you guys be there?

Moleff Family! said...

So I just realized when you left a comment on mine, I have ahd the wrong name for your blog and every time I would look at it it was same old 2005 pictures. I assumed you didn't do it anymore. So I am glad you commented cause I am retarded and now I get to see what is happenin in your lfe. Sounds like things are great!! I love how you put Amber Moleff instead of Aaron and Amber Moleff. Love yA ! Amber

Bryan, Mary, Abby & Lorin said...

What an adventure you guys are having. Thanks for posting. It was wonderful to see you at Christmas!

Anonymous said...

That would be amazing!!! How romantic and fun to do together! I wish they would let you take pics inside, but you describe it so well. How fun!

Shanna said...

It looks so beautiful there! I am so sorry we didn't get to see each other when you were here! man, it was a crazy holiday! i was so looking forward to the yummy chocolate.... but better luck next time huh! I hope you had fun here and tha you took lots of pictures! You sure a cute and I would love to talk to you again soon! much love

Shanna