Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Easter in Chamonix

 
Posted by Picasa

Our Easter weekend began with a 6 1/2 hour(that should have been 3 hours) car ride through a crazy snow storm. We were planning to get to Chamonix, France late Friday morning so that Josh would have the day to ski. But since mother nature was messing with us a bit, he was able to only ski one run before the ski resort shut down due to avalanche danger and high winds. The next day it was gorgeous with pure powder to ski. So while the boys skied, the girls hung out with the kids. Most of the group stayed at this cute little chalet. So the first night we all got together for a gourmet meal the owners themselves whipped up for us. We had an awesome group this trip including (Tomlinsons, Shontzs, Hemmerts, and Malms). Before parting separate ways on Sunday, we had an hour discussion on the meaning of Easter. Then Josh and I drove to a town a half hour out of Chamonix to enjoy an Easter feast in the worst restaurant known to man. We were both dreaming of yummy ham and rolls fresh out of the oven. Instead Josh ended up eating beef tartar, which translated is RAW ground beef mixed with meatloaf ingredients. My dinner wasn't great, but okay. At least the desert was yummy. The French do know their pastries. Our drive home was not nearly as difficult and we made it back in three hours. A big thanks to Shontz's who organized the whole event!!

12 comments:

Kelli Radmall said...

It was so good to talk to you. Thanks for calling me from across the sea. It made me feel pretty special. Tell your husband that I am very jealous of all of his fancy ski trips. I used to ski a ton when I was younger but I haven't been in a couple of years. Sorry about the raw beef. Yuck!

*Kelly* said...

YOu look so cute in your ski boots! I want some! P.S. when are you guys coming back to the U.S.A?! I'm so excited to have you back! I hope you like reading because I'm not taking "no" for an answer when it comes to you coming to book club! Miss you girl!
Kelly

Lance and Becky said...

Seriously, that looks like something out of a movie! How picture perfect is that! Wow, how fun! You look like a babe!

Kyle Peterson said...

Those furry lace up boots are the cats meow! So cute. I want some, cause the boots I wear are all worn out and Kyle thinks I look homeless. It's time to get new ones.

Thomas Family said...

Always doing something fun. Miss ya!

Erin said...

haha, Janelle, that was such a funny post. Very flattering I must say, so thank you! :)

That sectional is from pottery barn. We like it...although not the most comfortable couch ever. Not bad though.

I didn't take any photo classes, I'm just obssesed with taking pictures so I have sort of taught myself alot. Especially since having the little guy. Nothing like having a full time model around!

Marissa Joy said...

Wow, I love all of your pictures and your blog looks great. It sounds like a fun trip other than the crazy snow and the yucky beef. Isn't life an adventure?

allegra said...

your little life adventures never end.. you two look like you're living it up! and i love your boots! i saw that you're reading p.s. i love you. did you see the movie too? soo cute:)

Michelle Akauola said...

Hey nelle guess what I finally broke down and did a blog it is vernandmichelleakauola.blogspot. I am not sure how to get you on mine so add me to yours

Mandi said...

Isn't easter supposed to be warm? I'm so jealous of all the amazing places you get to visit out there! So I heard from a little birdie that you are coming back to good old Utah? Is that true?

Kelli Schwarz said...

So Fun! I hate driving in the snow!! I bet it was nice and cozy inside and eating that yummy food. Too bad about the Easter Feast. You look so cute all bundled up:)

Jessica said...

Even with all of the snow it sounds like you had a lot of fun. The raw meat doesn't sound to good, poor Josh. I hope you shared a couple of bites with the starving boy. Ha As always you look ADORABLE in your ski coat and hat.