Thursday, March 13, 2008

Treasure Discovered

Heidelberg, Germany is known for their Alte Brücke (old bridge). It is made of red sandstone and the idea was to replace the former wooden constructions, which were frequently destroyed because of high waters and ice movements. We walked through the Old town to get to the bridge. And when on the bridge, we had the awesome view of a castle. The best part of Heidelberg is the that we came across a treasure chest of American products. We were so excited to discover Subway, Pizza hut and best of all, Hard Rock Cafe. Even though we were full from the beginning, we took the time to get a bit of every food joint. Now let me get it straight that although we do "love" the food in Europe. There are often times we get cravings for good ol' American restaurants.
 
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks like you are having fun visiting alot of neat places that is so cool! I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad hair cut also! Looks like we are in the same boat with the language problem! I am just looking forward to getting a good haircut when we go home in the summer! Hope you guys are doing well, Love ya JoJo

Brittany said...

The weather always looks perfect in your pictures. The sky is always so blue...and you and Josh and just the perfect couple to be photographed. Seriously - they should put you two on billboards or something. I miss you...but I can't wait until we are living in the same state again. Yippeee!

Brooke said...

Every place you go is beautiful. I get how every once in a while you want some American food. I think I'd be the same way!

jessi said...

beautiful pics! my little brother was born in Heidelberg as my dad was stationed for the Army in Germany back then. a hard rock. . . really! we have got to go visit.

Jessica said...

You crack me up! Eating out at all the American places. I bet it would be hard to have to adjust your eating. Looks like you had a fun time. I love reading your fun posts!