Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Crusin' On My Cruiser

After years of wanting a beach cruiser, I finally bought one. And what's better than to ride it along the lake in Switzerland. I've had it for a couple months now, but haven't really been able to ride it all that much. Zurich didn't have much of a summer. It rained for 2 months straight. So even though we're into cold fall weather now. I have really enjoyed taking the cruiser out more these past few weeks. I don't have a bike helmet, so I have been riding on the sidewalk. (which is a big No No in Switzerland). By the time I get home from bike rides, I will have had at least one Swissy yelling at me (in German) to get back onto the road. I just flash a big grin their way. And usually get one in return. Britt and Rach, I wish you were here to go cruising with me! You did after all inspire me to get one in the first place.


13 comments:

Jessica said...

OMG you look adorable in your hat on your cruiser! I am so happy that you were able to finally buy one and then to finally ride it! I love your blog keep posting updates!

The Airharts said...

I am so happy to see an update!!! Way cool bike(I'm I not suppose to call it a bike). It sounds so fun, I wish we could come visit.

Our EyreLife said...

I'm SO jealous! But I can't decide if its the bike or the location to RIDE. I hear you're coming home in a few weeks...can't wait to see you!
Big hugs!
Jess

Shanna said...

Janelle, You look so cute n your little bike. I haven't ridden my bike for years. Not that you care... It just looks fun to ride outside on a nice afternoon!

Shanna said...

By the way. when you come into town we need to get together and I promise this week I will find out what kind of chocolates for you to get! Thanks Janelle

Shanna said...

hey my brother in law said to just pack a giant suitcase full of chocolate and he said he will pay you big time he wants ummmm ....... are you ready?! okay get a paper and pen.......... did you get it?! okay he would like lacearly, We don't know if it's spelled right sorry! also frey,kisses he said to get some chocolates that you like and he will pay you. Thanks so much Janelle let me knwo if this is too much if so doan't worry about it!
Much love
Shanna

fünf said...

An update! Whoohoo. Looking fab, the bike looks even better with you on it. Tell the swissies to pull the stick out!

love ya.

*natalie said...

That is awesome! We would love to see you when you come to town. Email me the details.

nataliehan@gmail.com

RayChill and Steve-O said...

Janelle! You look like a little English woman on your little where-abouts! You are so cute! Does Josh have one too? I miss Switzerland and visiting you guys! I am SO excited to see you guys for the Holidays. We are going to be home for Thxgiving and Christmas. Email me the dates you are going out there and we will be sure to play! Love you sass!
Cheers,
Rach

Thomas Family said...

Love the bike! How fun! But the Swiss will be Swiss, huh? Gotta love it!

Ally said...

You ride on the sidewalk?? Oh the rebel in you...I think you can get a ticket for that - then some police officer will be yelling at you in German and you will just be smiling with your little beach cruiser :)

Glad you finally got one as you've talked about that want for a beach cruiser since I've known you.....

Shanna said...

give me a call anytime at 9:00 or 10:00 my time! Talk to you soon!

Shanna said...

thanks again Janelle