Monday, May 5, 2008

Venice

The city of Venice, Italy is simply stunning and completely unique. Of course, who could think of Venice without picturing the well-known and much loved Italian gondolas. Our Gondala driver was hilarious. He said he didn't know how to sing. So instead, he whistled. We did get to listen to other drivers singing and ours whistled along with them. One thing we thought was funny was we would pass under bridges people would take our pictures. Which will makes for great slide shows, hey everybody come see the strangers in a boat.... Overall we would have to rate the ride as one of the highlights in Venice.

 

We went to the world famous Piazza San Marco. There were so many people there that we took our pictures and got out of there as fast as possible. We were trying to cross this bridge and it took 20 mins because so many people were crowded on it. After we left the Piazza it was a lot less crowded and we started exploring the back streets and area's of Venice. At first we started to go to some of the museums they have. We saw huge lines for many of them and opted to not go. Who needs a museum when the whole city is a work of art to be explored and seen. We had so much fun just getting lost in the city.

 

Welcome to isle of Murano. It is famous for its glass blowing. All of the work is still done by hand. We got to see a demonstration of how they do it. There was this funny guy who had a huge beer belly and was smoking while blowing glass. It was amazing how easy they made it look. We were so amazed with some of the things they made. From light fixtures, to bowls, anmials, vases, chairs, tables etc. One of the pictures shows a huge scuplture made entirley out of glass. These people are truly amazing artists.

 
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Brooke said...

Wow Venice looks so romantic--just like on the movies. I've always wanted to go on a gondola ride!

heather telford photography said...

What a romantic place to go!! Im jealous it looks beautiful!

RayChill and Steve-O said...

Janelle!!!

Did you LOVE IT OR WHAT? These pictures are amazing! It's like eye candy! HOW FUN!!! It's so great to see you guys out and about livin it up around Europe! We really wanted to go on the Greece Cruise with you, bummer! miss ya!
Rach

Moleff Family! said...

Wow! You guys have way to much fun there! Not fair! What a great opportunity to live the and explore the many amazing things! Your pictures are too cute!

Kass Martin said...

I have three words that come to mind; romance romance romance. How amazing!

Zobell Fam said...

Looks like your trying to soak it all in before you leave! Everything looks so postcard like. Love ya!!

Brooke B said...

Hey Janelle-
I have an additional blog I just started and want you to contribute if you want to! www.fertilityforum.blogspot.com

*Kelly* said...

So you know that your pictures make the rest of us hate you for a few minutes right? J/K! Your so blessed to be living where you are and be so close to so many amazing places! I will admit that I am jelous! P.S. I'm so proud of the fact I have a blog now! Eeee!

Thomas Family said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! I LOVE the pictures you post. It's as good as watching a travel show! When does the return to Utah happen?

Ally said...

Love the photos - though I like the ones Josh sent me a little more :) I just got back from Venice and it is one beautiful town.

Unknown said...

great pictures! Looks romantic!

Mandi said...

Oh I love Venice! It was a little scary because we got lost in the Allyways and we had to get back to our bus in 10 minutes and we had no idea where we were! We were running down 2 ft wide allys and it was really late and there were some very scary people. But during the day, that place is incredible! YOu are so lucky to be able to visit all these amazing places!

Jessica said...

Oh my gosh! I never commented on your trip. I have to say I am EXTREMLY jealous! I have always dreamed of going there. It looks even more amazing then I dreamed. I hope that I can one day go there. I LOVE LOVE all the photos that you posted. I'm so happy that you and Josh were able to go. I noticed that you fit right in with the striped shirts. :-) Love you!