Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Christmas Day

Christmas Eve we drove back up to Josh's parents house so that we could be there when we woke up Christmas morning. In his family they have a fun tradition Christmas Eve to each taking a turn bringing down the presents we have for each other to put under the tree. We then ring a bell after each of us are done, which tells everyone that we can open our eyes to see the goods. I was sad to have missed it this year. So even though Josh and I got home late, we rang the bell after we had brought all our presents downstairs. I can't wait to incorporate this into our little family one day. Christmas morning everyone who spent the night opened most the presents. At the end of the present opening Josh surprised me with a "Tiffany's necklace". That's right, he once again completely shocked me with an amazing surprise. For breakfast later that morning we had Meridee's famous egg casserole and sticky buns. Josh's brother is on a mission in Peru, so we were all eager to hear from him later that day. So right when the rest of the family arrived, we quickly finished opening gifts. The gift of the day would have to be the mother's ring we all gave Josh's mom. It was absolutely beautiful, thanks to Sam for picking it out. Finally, we were able to talk to Gabe, which was the highlight for all of us. We then topped off the night with Josh's manicotti for dinner. Josh and I both feel so blessed this time of year to have such great families to spend quality time with. We really had an awesome time during the Christmas season.



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

fünf said...

Holy schnikes blogger queen! I love all the posts! I love it! I feel like I just spent Christmas break with you. That was so fun. Ok, I'm over it now.

What a fun, fun, fun trip to the states for you. I guess I am not over it yet.

You looked so pretty in the wedding pics (esp knowing how jetlagged you must have felt!) AND you looked tall. Are all your friends shrimpier than you? I would be the BIG BIG BIG friend with all those folks. In that picture my head would have been cut off.

Ok, and great tradition to go to a play and steak dinner-- YUMMY.

Anyway, looked like you had tons of fun. We need to talk soon.

LOVE YOU

Anonymous said...

How much fun!!! It looks like your time in the states was fabulous!!! I know...I wish we could have seen each other. Next time we for sure need to get together. What a fun Birthday that was! I love going out shopping on my b-day with Jason. It's always fun just to hang out together!

Lance and Becky said...

I love the collage, you do such cute things! I love hearing about all your fun traditions! So glad you guys had such a great Christmas! Next time you come to town let us know and we'll get together.